RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hangar 9 150 Size P-51
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2003, 05:06 PM
Timbo562

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pic's Request

I had some PM requests for pic's of the Hanger 9 1.5 size P-51 I just finished/flew so here's a few. Also, I used the Robart 605's for the main gear (because I already had them). They've worked fine so far (one of the advantages of an asphalt runway) but they're are only rated for airplanes up to about 10 pounds so I'll be swapping them out for the larger units as soon as they arrive(530's or 531's I believe?). The 605's required a slight enlargement of the width between the gear mounting blocks in the wing (about a 16th of an inch on each side) and a very slight widening of the recess in the wing's balsa sheeting to fit the wider mounting flange but still not as much work as installing the servos and pushrods to make the stock mechanicals work properly.

As for mounting the Moki 2.10 that was a bit more of a challenge. The engines length and weight were just right but the width made it near impossible to keep the built in right/down thrust and offset the motor enough to line up the spinner perfectly with the nose/cowl. I got it to within about an 1/8 of an inch with some slight slotting of the stock engine mount firewall holes to allow sideways movement and only had to redrill the two left side firewall holes (also installed slightly larger blind nuts). I kept the right/down thrust built into the firewall and that seemed to be adequate for this engine but with only 4 flights on the model I'm going to be discovering things about it for some time yet. Have fun!

~Tim
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	92103_16070.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	50444