RCU Forums - View Single Post - Electric Racing Development Efforts
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2009, 08:56 AM
BarryReade
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Electric Racing Development Efforts

Archie, I am using the SK 42-40 600W motor and on the Rhino 20C 4S 2350 I am pulling 611 watts on a 14X7. Maybe you should consider using a different airframe and not try to match the 424 planes and their performance. The RCPRO Warbird series is really interesting as it doesn't limit the airframe other than wing in. to displacement of the engine and has three time brackets that one can run in. If you run faster that the fastest time allowed for that class you break out and get a "0" for points. I am not saying to do that but, like the Club 40 racing maybe you should consider an airframe like the [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/article_display.cfm?article_id=1086]Wingman II[/link]. That would be a great Sport flyer and could be used for an E Pylon class. I think Don Stegall recommended that to me when I was thinking of getting an E pylon class going. I have that plan on my list of planes to get eventually. You might even consider going with a trike landing gear as newbies tend to have problems with tail draggers. Just some thoughts that came to mind. 75 mph racing can be exciting and you don't have to go 120 mph to have fun racing.