RCU Forums - View Single Post - Extreme Flight 110" 100cc Yak 54 Build!
Old 03-31-2009, 09:50 PM
diamondave
My Feedback: (29)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Extreme Flight 110" 100cc Yak 54 Build!

i recently have been thinking about it for my 80cc on my sdyak also, i use a menz 26-10 on there, someone told me that the mej even in same size gives more rpms, puts less load on the motor, which may help keep it cooler also, i did hear the mej spools slower but that unless you are a world top pilot you most likley wont notice it...that motor is new so letting it turn more would be nice for break in, it doenst need any more power in the plane, its a rocket as is, but if it helps the motor out it may be worth it, i drilled all my props the same so i can try them on both planes, for now the vess 26b has been the best on this yak, the menz 26-10 has been the best on that plane, it turned about 200 less than the vess on my 100cc, but about the same on the 80cc, which i thought was odd, but on the 80 it didnt seem like enough prop, it was like a slipping transmission coming out from a hover, kinda hard to descibe, the menz seems more efficient on that plane, im starting to really rip the vess on this one with the motor coming in nicely, so maybe trying a 26-10 again may be different now, if i get a mej i can try it on both, just trying to get over the $$ issue when i happy with the way both are performing...should i do it?? sometimes you got to say what the f&^k right, wasnt that in a movie a while back, haha