RCU Forums - View Single Post - Emailed WestonUK Today...about Magnums!
Old 04-02-2009, 09:01 AM
MJD
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Emailed WestonUK Today...about Magnums!

ORIGINAL: arcticflyer

I'm with ya 100%.....I was thinking if I could get one uncovered I could make some of the changes you mentioned. I hate the black and yellow as well. I've got mine balanced so it is landing great....had to add 2oz in the rear which I hate....but it flares fine....I posted the maiden landing on RCUvideos. I just refuse to pay nearly 200 for something that might be worth 40 or 50. I can't find the Rifle online and will look up the zoomer where I finish this post. Skip

If it comes down to it I'll tear that Magnum apart use it for a pattern and start making my own............
They uncover pretty easily. I took a bite out of the LE recently by landing in a dead shrub a bit short of the strip. I was able to strip the wing with little effort. The delay in fixing and recovering it is due to the extent of the warpage I saw once I stripped it and looked it over closely. Now I am disgruntled.

Don't get me wrong, it's an okay airplane. Get it balanced and trimmed out and it rips around nicely. But as you say it is NOT a $200 kit.

MJD