RCU Forums - View Single Post - Extreme Flight 110" 100cc Yak 54 Build!
Old 04-05-2009, 04:30 PM
diamondave
My Feedback: (29)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Extreme Flight 110" 100cc Yak 54 Build!

no noise issue at my place

tried the mej 26-10 today, tached about the same as my 26B, 6700, it felt by hand like it was pulling less though, in flight i did notice it was a little slower to climb out, not enough to be disappointed or anything, just took some getting used to, my vess i could litterally cut the pwoer and let it "fall" cause it would stop instantly, this one needs a foot or two cushion it i let it drop too quick, by the 4th flight i was getting the hang of it, just need to stay on the power a bit more and let it come down slower, which is probably the better way to slide anyway cause you have more control coming down then letting it drop, i did like it through the sequence, was smoother throughout the rpm range, in fact i definetly noticed with my vess i had my canopy and cowl vibrate at a certain rpm everytime, in a hover working the throttle id hear it, that was gone, very smooth all the way so that was nice, i liked it enough to maybe try a 27-10, im guessing the same thing in a hover though as far as staying in the throttle more, maybe even more so with that one dont know, so the only draw back was the extra lag pulling out, pluses were smooth, consistant, and looks way cool, this prop will go on the 80cc in my sd this week

cams did you try a 27B?? thats a consideration of mine now as well, 27-10 mej or 27b vess, im leaning toward the mej just so i know first hand on my set up, i could always just use it for sequence and either get down and dirty with my other plane or switch back to the vess on this one, i may get one and if it doesnt work out i will see if anyone wants it at a bargain