Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Charlie Kellogg's TBM Avenger Build

Chic "W"!

Glad to hear from you again. But I am really sorry to hear about your shoulder. Rest that wing, and get better soon (hopefully without surgery).

Glad to hear that Charlie is catching some attention with his avenger. It's a beauty for sure. Wish I could see it in person. Maybe someday.

Yes, I do hope to get my Avenger in the air this summer. But I still have a huge amount of work to do. I'm still trying to make as much progress as possible. I have also been officially banned from doing any major sanding in my work area (which is basically the downstairs family room!), so I now have to do all the dirty work outside on the patio or in the garage. My wife finally has enough of the balsa dust. Anyway, lately everytime I have a free Sunday afternoon or weekday evening, it's always been cold and nasty outside (snowing again today, in fact). So I'm not as far along as would like to be. But I'm getting there slowly.

Below are some pictures showing where I am in my build. All sub-assemblies are built. I still have to do some finish sanding on the control surfaces as well as finish the elevetor tips, but it's now time to actually start putting the beast together. I still have yet to mount the center section, but I have the incidence meter in hand now (borrowed from a friend), so I can get started on that ASAP. After that I can start routing the elevator and rudder control rods, and the air systems for the retracts and bombay doors, and then close up the bottom of the plane (Yeah! More strip-planking!!!!)

After the plane is finallly sheeted, then I'll finally be able to glue the stabs on and then onto final fitting/sanding/filling before the fiberglass work begins. I hope to have it in primer by July. At least that's my goal for right now.

Will post again Chic when I have some more to show.

Have fun in Palm Springs! Take lots of pictures.

Regards,

Noah
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki20620.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	150.4 KB
ID:	1173589   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kf14396.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	1173590   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bg91687.jpg