RCU Forums - View Single Post - Ed Kazmirski's Taurus
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2009, 07:32 AM
kingaltair
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Ed Kazmurski's Taurus

ORIGINAL: pimmnz

............ I did not know, before this thread started, that a symmetric airfoil was developed for it and it seems strange that Ed persisted with the 2400 series wing for so long, Dunham had flown a symmetric airfoil on the Voltswagen, deBolt had started using them, and Ed would have known about it for sure. Oh, well, anothe Taurus mod to be done, I guess.
Evan.
Only the Taurus airfoil is semi-symmetrical, (THIS WAS PROVEN WRONGEDITING 4-10-09). Ed was already moving to a symmetrical airfoil that started with the 'thick" winged Taurus-2 he took to the '63 W/C. I will take a detailed, critical look at it, but from what I remember, the thick wing looks FULLY symmetrical, just super-thick. The thin (striped) wing that we see on the pictures of the "Pusher", the "Japanese Taurus-2", and the final converted "Taurus-2" all apparently have the same wing, and that wing has the Bosch airfoil, (with the sharper L/E and widest point somewhat further back), that Ed learned about at the '63 W/C.

If there are differences in the way the Japanese T-2 and Final T-2 fly, it must be due to the differences in the fuselage. It would be interesting to see if the position of the wing was originally as far forward on the original T-2, or if he moved the wing 1" forward only later, when he adapted the T-2 fuselage to the thinner-wing. The T-2 nose is 1" less than all the other Taurus versions.

Duane