RCU Forums - View Single Post - Ed Kazmirski's Taurus
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2009, 04:13 PM
kingaltair
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Ed Kazmurski's Taurus

ORIGINAL: UStik

To the Japan T2: The wing is painted like the carrier wing, with curved stripes as all Tauruses. But the white stripe is tapered while it is not on the carrier wing. The pusher wing has no curves, only straight stripes. The Japan T2 wing has different planform, like standard Taurus but just swept.
OK UStik. You have to look very hard to see any curvature in the paint scheme on posts 1130 and 1139, (both on p46), but I must admit, I think I can barely make it out if I squint just the right way. Maybe you have a better quality picture earlier on in the thread to look at, but the ones on page 46 don't bring out the paint scheme very well.

I was just about to concede the point, then I read the caption which said " ...the trailing edge is built straight...and the LEADING EDGE HAS BEEN GIVEN EXTRA RAKE" Sure enough, when you look closely at the leading edge, it is NOT the blunt standard Taurus airfoil, but appears to be the Bosch airfoil with the thickest section further back. Because under careful examination, the paint scheme appears different, it might be a different wing, but if it is, it has the same Bosch airfoil.

Another possibility is this wing was repainted later with the straight lines. There is evidence of repair on the L.E. of the present T-2 leading edge...who knows.

Duane