RCU Forums - View Single Post - OS .25 vrdf Carbon fibre prop?
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2009, 09:01 AM
MJD
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: OS .25 vrdf Carbon fibre prop?

ORIGINAL: lfinney

the 1110 pipe is on the money for performance. i dont know the neck size of the ops .15, but i went from the stock perry ,to a .40 perry and the neck size was the same but gained venturi ID. i drill and tap the header plate for pressure, i never tap the tube or the pipe, the tubes will crack or strip. i never have throttle issues with this method. no reason why you cant just use a fuel shutoff. do you have a venturi for the ops? its worth at least 1-2k rpm. the rear exhaust ops .15 go for crazy money.......on fleabay......
the nitro at 15% will do fine, if you have heads shims......[>:] you can go crazy, but 30k plus on 15% with a pipe is cheap thrills!
This one cost me $100, NIB (real NIB, not old in a box like so many!), but I am happy to pay that for an OPS anything. I'll have to live with the side exhaust. External pipes are only good for oohs and ahhs in the pits by the OSclone+ARF fliers, i.e. they look cool.

It appears to be built like a car engine so I have no doubt it really doesn't care if it runs 25-30k. Ought to sound like a demon on the open pipe. Wish it was RIRE though.. [&o]

I don't have a venturi but I can easily machine one. I'll just run it as is for now, then I can drop in the venturi once I've finished with the Perry shut-off valve aka carb. I have a couple of other carbs too.

I figure the OPS should be enough power for a 24" span SWR delta weighing in at tops 24-25 ounces, which is half done right now. [>:] It won't outturn the QM but it ought to go like a raped ape in the straights. I might have the QM together for late June. Although.. I am considering dropping in an Orbit 15-12* ([X(]) and getting another QM down the road for the OPS.

MJD

* No, you merciless Revver lurkers out there in the peanut gallery, I haven't gone soft . I have to use it on something or flog it, it's too expensive to lie around and I stole the pylon model for the .65 you see.. it's all in the name of speed and stupidity, no worries! And it fits perfectly in the nose. Gonna need a lot of pitch though.