RCU Forums - View Single Post - I just bought my Herr little extra...
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2009, 11:34 PM
mtntopgeo
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I just bought my Herr little extra...

You're gonna love that plane. My first one is powered by an Enya .11. Wanted to try a .15 size, & after buying two "loser" engines, I watched this forum for awhile & went along with what most guys seemed to recommend; the Magnum .15 xls. This makes for quite a "spirited" combination. I'm gonna be using the 8x4 "trainer" prop for quite awhile, until I get accustomed to the performance of this engine. With a 7x5, this old man's reflexes aren't keeping up with the plane. .................... A lot of different servos will work, & you'll probably get a lot of different preferences from a lot of different folks. I'll only say that the hs 55 units have very fragile gears, & that I like to use the Hextronics hxt 900 units. They seem to be the same servo as the Tower-Pro 9g units, have beefier gears than the hs 55, & are dirt cheap from Hobby City. ............. Even though both of my Lil' Extras are in good shape, I just bought a 3rd one, (sort of a spare-in-a-box). Like I said, "Youre gonna love that plane." ....................... George K.