RCU Forums - View Single Post - ATTENTION: All Top Flite Corsair, P-40, ROBART 615 & CJM Retract Owners !PLEASE READ!
Old 06-17-2003, 10:36 PM
BigRetracts-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Corsair, P-40 Retracts

Hello from BigRetrats, aka Darrell Tenny of Sierra Giant Scale to everybody that is following this thread.

First off, I will respond to a few of the questions. The gear will work with other brands of retract valves, tanks, air line. And you may still even be able to use your struts if you already have some for the 615's. You would be responceable for adapting them to the new design though.

The new design will include the Upper Retracts and the Struts to fit either the TF Corsair or the TF P40. I will also look and any other planes that the 615 has been used in to see what struts would be needed for them also.

The price does not include the air valve, fill valve, lines, tee or any other air control equipment. Most modelers already have some brand x stuff that they want to use.

Weight will be comparable to a set of 615's with a set of 7/16"
struts attached.

As far as a drop in replacement for either the 615 or CJM's version, that is still in the design stage. If it fit exactly like them it
would have to look like them and we are back to the same thin
side plates, down locks, stamped out parts or plastic parts. You
can't expect toy gear to take the weight of today's planes.

I have looked at this problem in the past but could never get more than a few modelers to commit to a set of them. It is going to take a few month's and 100's of man hours to produce a set of retracts that will hold up to sport fliers. The deposit is to try to keep the cost down and see what type of interest in a replacement set there really is.

At this point, we are up to a total of (3) modelers that have sent the required deposit. We need at lease 20 to get things rolling.

You may also send any comments to the [email protected]
e-mail address and I will respond to them as I can.

Thanks for you time and interest.
Darrell Tenny
Sierra Giant Scale