RCU Forums - View Single Post - Carolina Crater Machine
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2009, 08:47 PM
MJD
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Carolina Crater Machine

ORIGINAL: arcticflyer

Hey MJD, I was thinking about your plane today...........what about putting a crazy high RPM car motor that turns in the 35 G area[X(] I've had some truck engines that are without a doubt insane and have given the same thought about putting one of them in a small light weight F5D type plane. I noticed a car motor at the hobby shop the other day that had a prop adapter and a carb with a standard throttle hookup. Just a thought....it would be easier to install with less stuffing. All you have to do is cut some of the heat sink head off of it as it should cool fine with the high speed air and no stopping. If I can come up with the right airframe I'm gonna do it[>:]
If there's a car engine that will outpull an OPS .65 at full steam, I'd like to see it. This particular aircraft most likely has too much frontal area to make use of a car engine with the tiny prop it would need to spin, but a smaller bird with less frontal area could be the ticket. Go for it! It will sound gnarly for sure. But it won't make as big a hole..

MJD