RCU Forums - View Single Post - GCM racing and Platinum RC Products introduce the RB2
Old 04-27-2009, 08:06 PM
banx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GCM racing and Platinum RC Products introduce the RB2

Well Gentlemen I have been given an oppurtunity to build and race an RB2 carbon edition. Its really a meeting of the minds here having Platinum RC Products and GCM Racing coming together.

This is an e-savage based platform. that stretches the chassis 4cm's.

This chassis is the offspring of candy and sex. It's just that nice.
It's a very nicely cut piece of carbon fibre. There were no loose strands or off center holes. The chassis went on to my bulkheads like they have done it before.

So I will start with a few pictures to show the setup these guys are giving you.

I have been using the original roadboy chassis in black. I loved it, and it has seen some real abuse. and is still straight as an arrow. Here you can see it pictured beside the Culmination Edition.

Note the thousands of pre-drilled holes for mounting hardware. More on that later

I installed a set of the GCM V2 diffs. These remove all the slop from the output pinion and they look very very nice.

It's a shame the beautiful red is hidden inside the diff case.......
GCM has also made revisions to the original RacerEx arm. Here
you can see the first design pictured next to the new. There appears to be more flex in the new design as well as considerable weight savings..