RCU Forums - View Single Post - best way to clean engine/body?
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2002, 05:08 PM
pilothyer
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default best way to clean engine/body?

Since I have to clean my cars and trucks almost every day I have found all the commercial cleaners in hobby shops to be very good, but can be quite expensive and you have to be very careful about your servos and receiver...all the electric system.......but now that I have tried another method I will never pay for the pricey stuff in hobby shops again. Go get a gallon of denatured alcohol and a simple spray bottle, about $10.00..... First you need to blow off as much excess grime as possible with compressed air, then just spray the chassis, wheels, and tires, body...everything you want clean, with the spray bottle........... I don't mean you can spray it directly onto an unprotected receiver (get it inside) but you can saturate the nitro vehicle with this stuff and not hurt a thing, including the body and servos.....afterwords wipe it down and blow it off again with the compressed air.. It works very well and is very inexpensive.......I have been doing this for over a year and have had no problems at all...................."try it you'll like it"