RCU Forums - View Single Post - NEXSTAR ARF .....PROBLEMS...PROBLEMS
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2009, 12:25 PM
hogflyer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: NEXSTAR ARF .....PROBLEMS...PROBLEMS

ORIGINAL: AugerOne

...as for the right thrust, i had the same problem at WOT. I just installed washers behind one side of the mount to correct. 1/2 throttle take off is plenty and no tendency to yaw. I'm guessing that they attemted to counter the natural left turn tendency and over compensated.

I've flown some NextStar's that exhibit this right pulling tendency and some that don't. One I have in the closet had this issue and I put two washers under the right engine mount to shim it out around 1/8" and that problem was solved. I think the issue has to do with one of the assembly jigs used (I'm sure they have more than one fuselage assembly jig, maybe Bax can chime in on this) - the portion that locates the firewall is off just enough to build in this right thrust.

One way to determine if the plane has to much right thrust is to take it up and start looping with full power, the kill the engine and loop it dead stick. If the plane wants to roll out to the right under power but not dead stick, the there is too much right thrust in the firewall.

Hogflyer