RCU Forums - View Single Post - Cap 232 a good beginner low wing?
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2009, 06:43 PM
cap10b

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Cap 232 a good beginner low wing?

Panji,
It was me that mentioned a Hershey bar wing. You've seen a Hershey's chocolate candy bar. Straight equal distance the length, with a flat bottom underside. Well applied to model RC it means a constant cord wing (one that is the same width at the root or fuselage as it is at the tip) This type of wing gives good lift and slow speed performance. The GP Sportster, WM Emeraude, and CG Tiger all have this type of wing. For your first low wing it gives good flight capabilities (Fly's fast and does aerobatics) and allows for low wing experience. (You can crab into the wind on cross wind landings and slip the plane in to land) This will get you used to flying with all the flight controls especially the rudder because on a war bird you will use the rudder quit a bit on landing and take off.

From your earlier post it looks like you've made a wise decision to get more air time under your belt. I've been flying 30%, 33%, 35% and now 40% Aerobatics, wood and composite and no matter how much I have invested in the big iron, I still enjoy very much doing touch and goes with a Sig Kadet. In fact I have a 96" Graupner Taxi 2400 coming up that I plan to trick out with lights and do touch and goes in the evening just for the fun of it.

Hey we all have our little quirks !

jds