RCU Forums - View Single Post - Bob Cat Copy Falcon 120 Jet
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2009, 10:32 AM
TURBINATOR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Bob Cat Copy Falcon 120 Jet

ORIGINAL: aquaskiman

jramirez, whaat didn't you like about the air power? I have heard great things about there gear. George
Aquaskiman,

I had the springair's in my original Falcon which worked flawlessly for 80+ flights. I lost the plane to dumb thumbs. I bought my second Falcon with the Airpower retracts already installed by another gentleman. He was having problems with air leaks on set-up and got frustrated with it so he sold it to me. I fussed with them for many weeks, re-plumbing, removing leaking quick connects etc, etc. I finally got them working or so i thought. Then had them not come down on the maiden flight which caused me to belly in a brand new plane. I was not happy to say the least. Had to repair broken servos, flaps, etc. So i pulled them out not wanting another mishap. The springair's are air up spring down which gives me confidence again. Maybe i just got a defective set, but i even put wire around the connectors and still had air leaking. I have had many different types of air operated retracts and never had the issues i had with these.

Jeff