RCU Forums - View Single Post - Nitro models pusher Bobcat?
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2009, 03:28 PM
exciter900rr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Nitro models pusher Bobcat?

** Note to anyone listening**

3/4" is TOOMUCH of an offset from the LE to the TE.
Granted, the plane does need to be slowed down on landing, and should be flared to bleed off speed, but too much positive angle of attack will turn a hot landing, or even a normal not stalled landing into a bouncing tip stalling unhappy time.
I am going to repair the fuselage (stress cracks and buckled a bit) and the already reinforced main gear,(flexed aft, not ripped out due to bounce, bounce, 45*upward and tip stall into the runway runoff) and set my AOA to between 1/8" and 1/4". I might err towards a 10" C/G as well. (I am @ 10 3/8). looking at the video, I don't feel like I landed hot, or over controlled the plane in any way- just a wicked bounce issue due to the gear heights. I had another tri-gear plane that had problems like this that were remedied with shortening the nosewheel. I assumed that this configuration required a bit different approach, so I went with it.
Will post a link to the video later. You have to love the sound effects! Thanks George!!! it actually made me laugh once I cooled down and accepted it..... (good thing for sure)