RCU Forums - View Single Post - Help on what to buy
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2003, 02:33 AM
Tumbleweed-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help on what to buy

Sup Savager,
Welcome to the hobby. You don't have to spend your money on after run oil. Just get a can of WD40 and blow it in the carburetor and the top of the cylinder (with the glow plug removed) and pull your starter cord a couple of times. Repeat those steps a couple of times after each run. CA is always a good idea. The savages tires do come pre glued but not very well. You'll want to keep some CA in your field box. i use an old tackle box for my field box. A couple of things you're going to want handy are, extra batteries, CA, couple of glow plugs, R/C model 4 way wrench, the set of allen wrenches that come with your truck or invest in a good set of t handle allen wrenches, if you drive to a bashing spot bring a couple of extra rags if you like your cars interior (if you own a truck this doesn't apply) get an extra battery for your glo starter, i know I'm leaving a couple of things out I'm sure someone will tag on to this.

WELCOME AGAIN, BTW NICE CHOICE ON THAT SAVAGE, IT WILL NOT LET YOU DOWN. Get the hyper 8 port (and a bunch of replacement pull starters for it.