RCU Forums - View Single Post - Re-thinking engine choice? Rossi to what?
Old 06-01-2009, 09:57 AM
bob27s
My Feedback: (19)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Re-thinking engine choice? Rossi to what?

ORIGINAL: Avaiojet

still4given,

Cool picture. Do we have a little trouble finishing things?
I have ADD and don't take medication, which BTW is the truth.

Here's other views of my Crib, showing many other unfinished models and some in the process of a redo.

About the Rossi. The engine has to be rear exhaust, I have the set-up so the pipe goes through the fuselage.

I would need performance and weight charts on the Jett engines.

Thing is, the weight loss plus performance would have to be a really good benefit.

Jett got charts?
No charts per say....... engine weights and performance figures are on the website. Beyond that I can tell you what you want to know.

Jett 90Lis appx the same size/weight at a current OS61FX/90FX, and a bit lighter than the Rossi 61. 12x6 or 11x8 prop up over 14,500 rpm.

Jett60LX is a "46"size engine.FIREconfi Consider this a 10x6 prop size engine on steroids. For your prop jet, this might work out well.

One other option to look at.... OS55AXwith the Jett muffler. This is a side exhaust combination, but it has proven to be quite a little power house. Use a 11x6, 11x7 prop.

For a good example of this OS55/Jett powerplant combination, look at the videosand threadBlade47 has for the F-16 and F-18 builds. These are both 9 pound prop-jets, and the weight savings allowed them to perform great on this engine setup.

Bob