RCU Forums - View Single Post - Esky Honey Bee
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2009, 11:27 AM
Robertwav1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Esky Honey Bee

ORIGINAL: 67shelby

ORIGINAL: downunderdog

The typical 370 carbon brushed motor lasts on average about 150 flights using an 11.1 volt LIPO battery before burnout.
Isn't the "standard" LIPO upgrade for the HBFP a 2 cell (8.4 V)? I'm thinking of getting one and wanted to get a couple of extra batteries, as well. Do people put 3S (11.1 V) LiPo's into these, or was that a mis-statement?
Yes, you are correct (standard" LIPO upgrade for the HBFP is a 2 cell 8.4 V). You wouldn't want to use an 11.1V battery on the stock motor (That's what I'm using on my Trex 450!)

Hey guys,

I have a few HBFP's running a brushed motor with 11.1 V lipo. Faster and more power for me....the 4 in 1 will handle it. I've made so many changes with a longer tail boom aluminum, superskids, braces etc that the original 7.4 Volt lipo just don't have the A**. I've replaced probably one stock motor main and one tail motor in about 6 months and I fly a lot on the weekends. Use heatsinks on the motors and they last longer with the higher voltage. I set the thing down once and let it cool slightly. I have one with a tuned brushed motor that gets even more HP out of this thing with the higher volts but again cooling is the issue. Wood blades also on these things are awesom, you will never go back to plastic after trying them.