RCU Forums - View Single Post - Kiwi Mini40 Trimaran build log
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2009, 06:56 AM
Morspeed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Kiwi Mini40 Trimaran build log

Hi kiwibob, another local..fantastic!!!, cheers for the info, I will head over to Lake Pupuke on a sunday and take a look see...wouldn;t mind taking over my ETNZ's for a dip at same time...just fitted them out with a new set of sails built by Isobar.... be good to see whats going on with the local scene...my understanding was the Northshore club was probably the most active in Auckland.

Hey Ersnt, cheers for compliment..I am very happy with whats going on my my shop..everything's going to plan thus far.

The mast section is 15mm x 9 mm with a 1mm wall thickness, its actually pretty light...I had been considering building carbon spars with a teardrop section  but may just run with this aluminium section..it has the bonus of a mast track slot.

Funny you should mention swing rigs at this point, I have had a few sleepness night trying to understand which type of rig I should be building..I had read that with swing rigs ,downwind things can get a little top heavy and out of control.  

I have enjoyed playing with the idea of a gennekar running on a servo / furling system...will keep deveoping this idea.

Have you got any links for the carbon build project you mention??.

Gary