RCU Forums - View Single Post - AEROBIRD EXTREME MODS!
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2009, 08:00 PM
rowdyjoe
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: AEROBIRD EXTREME MODS!

The saga continues .....
Ibought and installed the 30amp brushed ESC andagain had gobs of power. This flight lasted about 10 min. thistime, most of it spent tooling around at about25% to 30%power.Ifound a strong thermal and climbed up to over 400 feet...didn't need the motor for this one ...verystrong. However, while trying to bring it down it went into a spin and I could not recover. As it neared the ground I could hear the motor running although the throttle was shut all the way off.It powered into the ground with a sickening thud.
This time it crashed in someone's backyard missing their pool by about 8 feet. I could see it through the spaces between the boards in their fence. Theirbackyard is adjacent to thepark. I drove around to the front of the house but, no one was home.I left a note with my name and number but, have not had a call yet.
It was very windy today but, themodifiedbird handled the wind well until Ilost control. Ihad flown one of my stock birds earlier and it did "ok"in the wind but, it needed more powerfor these conditions.
I won't be able todiscover what happened until Iinspect the wreckage but, I suspect the tail control linkage. More to come later ....hopefully.