Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default SYSSA 30CC GAS MADE IN USA

Hi,

JUSTAFYI

There is a new kid on the block...MADE IN USA...Syssa engines makes a 30cc

There was a new 30cc engine shown at Joe Nall this week, made in Southington, Connecticut, USA. The company is called Syssa Aircraft and the engine is a rear induction, 39 oz incl muffler, standoffs and ignition. The only non-US item I saw was the RX Excel ignition. Todd Syssa explained that the first production batch are in process of manufacture, and hopefully will be available around June. I've signed up for one.

All of the components are his own design and manufacture, including his own cylinder head, crank, crankcase, etc.

The reported numbers were 8600 rpm on an 18x6 Xoar, which he said was the best prop he's tried for aerobats. One of his engines on display was installed in an Aeroworks 72" Yak, which he told me came in at 11.2 lbs, and hovers on 3/8 throttle. He was going to fly it later at the Nall (I was there Thursday) and I'd be very interested in hearing back if anyone saw it fly.

Don't know if you saw the 2nd engine he had with him, which he showed in his booth. The black anodized crankcase will be the production version, due in the next month or 2 he said. The one in his AeroWorks 72" Yak had a glass bead blast finish. He claims a weight of 39 oz including muffler and ignition, which puts it in the same weight range as an OS160 w/muffler. Turning an 18x6 Xoar at 8600 rpm is in the same ballpark as the OS, as well. It's about the same power as my 30 cc Wolf Predator 1.8 (30 cc) but the weight is much lower

Reference:This above information taken from FG's.

Moderator added name of engine to title

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv63623.jpg
Views:	1055
Size:	175.1 KB
ID:	1220536   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw68681.jpg
Views:	1025
Size:	176.9 KB
ID:	1220537