RCU Forums - View Single Post - Official 1/16 E-Revo and Slash VXL Thread
Old 06-18-2009, 03:05 PM
Krawlin

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Official 1/16 E-Revo and Slash VXL Thread

I keep seeing everyone calling the adapter to run 2 packs a series adapter. That is not right, because you can't run 4S or 6S on this thing, if you have two 2S packs in series that's 4S, and two 3S packs is 6S. It's a parallel adapter, not series. Just posting this so there isn't wrong info floating around.

EDIT: Just found this on TowerHobbies, Tower does have both a series and a parallel adapter. If it is infact series, then Traxxas fails and people are going to be frying their ESC's. The only way you can use series on this truck is if you have two packs of identicle stats, with one of them being a 1S pack and the other being 2S.

DOUBLEEDIT: Just Re-Read Sheo's first post, and noticed it said that you can run 14.4 volts (or assuming you can use two 2S LiPo's, 14.8 volts) through this ESC. Is the ESC really capable of handling 12 cells NiMH or 4S LiPo?

I was talkin to a guy on AIM (Wild YFZ 450 here on RCU) who got on already and ran it on two 3S packs in parallel with the stock pinion and it was crazy fast, tons of torque.

This is his Mini E-Revo VXL -
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-JOAcdROXk[/youtube]

From what I have read on the Traxxas forums, seems like the first known issue is the driveshafts, the universal joints pops out.