RCU Forums - View Single Post - SYSSA 30CC GAS MADE IN USA
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2009, 02:55 PM
Syssa Aircraft

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: SYSSA 30CC GAS MADE IN USA

jaka,  I wish everyone could use a cannister...but a majority cannot due to the airplane design and size constraints.  Our engine definitely does not sound like a moped...lol
We will be offering a nice cannister for our engine soon.

bob...looking forward to talking with you as well...

Konstantinos...thanks!  Hello to Greece...we will be able to send our engine anywhere in the world that we are allowed to ship to.

JeffR...thanks...actually a few people saw my engine at Nall 2009 and were encouraging me to design a nice 200cc. Its not off the table...but its a bit of a financial investment and time...making an engine takes lots of focus.  I wont make an engine just to have one for sale...I want it to be something great...something outstanding...if its just ho hum or the same as whats out there...to me there is no point in doing it.  I strive for greatness and innovation.

Daddysam...it is a CM-6...there is no other way to go.  The plug is straight and you actually do not save much by angling it.  It is straight for performance and combustion chamber shape reasons. Angling a plug can get kind of messy...and we have a very nice hemi head design...I would not want to change it...after all that work...plus the spark plug lead goes nicely right in between the muffler outlets back to the plane.  Soon I will have some better photos for you to see.

By the way our connecting rod center distance to stroke ratio is over 1.8:1.

thanks all..