RCU Forums - View Single Post - Nitro models pusher Bobcat?
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2009, 08:01 PM
exciter900rr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Nitro models pusher Bobcat?

ORIGINAL: BaldEagel

excitor

Sounds like you need spoilerons as well, reducing the lift over the wing, brings the aircraft down quicker and will stop the long float, you must give it a try, the peanut gallery will be amazed how much your landings have inproved.

Mike
Neh-

Like I said, I've got the hang of it- no need to have another switch to flip, and another mix in there to fuss with. "Keep It Simple" is my motto with this bird.
I've just learned how to fly this particular plane, and have learned most of it's quirks- and now I know how to deal with it- during the first flights, I had a "landing switch" that gave me the 3/16" of spoilerons, and an additional 1/4" at the third position to stay down after touchdown. the additional BS, ... ehem, I mean the additional bells and whistles almost cost me the airframe- I landed, and bounced once real bad, then flipped the switch for "stick to the ground" mode and watched the airplane head back for the sky- quickly! had the engine hesitated at all, there would have been lots of repair to carry out. after that, I'm done. Now, I just flare, and flare some more, and viola! beautiful landings! and a bit of forward stick keeps it down-

But thanks, Baldeagel