RCU Forums - View Single Post - Sirio .18 tuned Pipe sucks
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2003, 02:49 AM
lamp3y3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sirio .18 tuned Pipe sucks

If you have the Sirio tuned pipe on your .18 Sirio I want to know how it works for you- tia.

I am very dissapointed in the Siro pipe that is supposed to be a match for the .18 Sirio motor. I get the same results with it as I did with the crappy dual exhaust that you see everywhere on Ebay.

The motor peaks out way to early in the upper range and you only need to give a slight squeeze on the throttle to hit that range. If you ease into the throttle briskly more than half way to full throttle the motor cuts out bad! This is what those duals did. The back pressure isnt right and the pipe is too big for the small motor. I put the stock back on (which i bored out with a 1/4" drill bit) and it has lots of torque and very smooth RPM throughout the power band. Im going to sell this crappy Sirio pipe.

I did adjust on the engine from way rich to a little lean with the same result the engine will cut out bad in higher range.

IMO the bored stock pipe is very very good in performance and the sirio pipe would probably work well on a .21. It seems about the same size as a .21 pipe anyway. It sure as hell doesnt work well with the .18 motor. In fact from what I experienced it will damage or lower the life of your motor.

If you bore out the stock pipe you will be very very happy. I was!