RCU Forums - View Single Post - What is the suggested and maximum wind speed for beginners? Poll=Max
Old 06-30-2009, 08:42 AM
CGRetired
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: What is the suggested and maximum wind speed for beginners? Poll=Max

This is true. However... (always one of those, right?) there are times that we all just want to go out and bore holes in the sky with no challenges, nothing new, just good old relaxing flying. On those days, if wind is a challenge, then you have to decide if you want to fly or not.

I've headed out to the field when conditions looked pretty good at home, but once I got there, well, a cross runway gusting 20 or so is there and I just don't want to fly in that stuff that day.

We've all been there... and done that... and knowing those limitations is a good thing.

However (here we go again) we really do need to follow Gordon's suggestions here and push that limit when we can, and when we are prepared to do just that.

I was out there one day with the intents of putting a new flyer on the buddy box. I put her plane up... it took some effort to get it airborne.. under powered trainer (inadequate for winds that day, especially for someone new on a buddy box) so I flew it around, noted that it was somewhat incompatible for training, and landed it. And the landing was a bit sloppy due to the wind.

CGr