RCU Forums - View Single Post - formula fastech nitro
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2009, 10:36 PM
bigcam406

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: formula fastech nitro

after waiting 2 weeks for my props to arrive,i dropped by my lhs today and they arrived.i figured that i'd use the proboat "composite "props to break the boat in while i wait for a grimracer prop i ordered that hasnt arrived yet either.so tonite,we took it down to the lake,put a new prop on it and fired it up.unfortunately,it didnt want to run. it stalled about a dozen times,and after running it out of the water for about 5 mins to get some heat into it,i finally launched it. it stalled in the water quite a few times as well. finally,after about a half hour of starting and stalling,i opened up the throttle wide open to clean the carb out,seems to be a blockage somewhere that caused it to load up.im still in the process of breaking it in,so i knew i was taking a chance,and it worked. at idle it sounded alot crisper,and the responsiveness was there again. i then proceeded to launch it and it worked well for about 2 mins. then the prop broke.after replacing the prop,i was about to launch the boat again,then the prop broke before it even hit the water.after changing the prop for a third time,i finally got to enjoy the boat for a whole tankful. i was impressed with the handling and responsiveness of the throttle and steering.i opened it up a couple times to see what it would do,as the curiosity was killing me,and i was quite impressed.needless to say,after all the effort to get it to keep running and the cheap "composite" props breaking,it was well worth it. i had a blast.cany wait for the new prop to arrive to start fine tuning this boat.