RCU Forums - View Single Post - 1/6th A-6 Intruder Scratch Build
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2009, 12:06 PM
ianober
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1/6th A-6 Intruder Scratch Build

Some time ago I finally decided to drop the hammer and build one of these aircraft cause no one else really has lately. I know it has been done before but not for sometime and I love this plane. So a couple months ago I started ordering books and materials to study up on the plane and also started getting some drawings going. I found a great 3-view that had 27+ different bulkhead cross sections and that helped out greatly. These were all scanned into Corel Draw and traced so that I could blow them up to the proper size. At 1/6th scale the numbers work out to be 109 inches long and 106 inch wingspan. All in all a fairly good sized model. Below is a shot of the drawings and the the bulkheads that were all cut out.

The plan is this, I am going to try and make a mold from which I can pull a fuse and composite wings and stab. I am shooting for pretty scale so the plane will have fowler flaps and spoilers but I think I will be leaving out the leading edge slats as they will be unnecessary for the most part. Wing tip speed brakes will be incorporated as well. I already have a source for landing gear so that is ready to be given the go ahead and be built. Any variant should be able to be built from this mold as the A-E models all shared basically the same airframe. hope you guys enjoy the build and I will try and update as much as I can! Enjoy the YouTube motivator!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hmK-X3WmYc[/youtube]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl29872.jpg
Views:	352
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	1230742