RCU Forums - View Single Post - Paint jobs help and advice
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2009, 08:37 AM
twoolley08
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Paint jobs help and advice

ORIGINAL: Dreamin Hemi

Ni hijacking here, that's why I made this thread a sticky. Don't add any more gelcoat. Gel is the BEST primer you can ever get! Since it's already gelcoated, simply scuff and apply your white base color. Add your other colors or graphics, then finally apply some sort of clearcoat system using any of the brands. There are many inexpensive brands out there such as Nason by Dupont and Crossfire by Martin Senour. I'm sure if you do some more Googling, you can learn HOW to use the equipment you have acquired which I'm sure is more than adequate, long as you have an air compressor. I would explain here, however your best to watch video clips and see pictures of how the process is done. It's not like rattle can painting. Just remember that a good paint job is 90% part preparation, 10% actual painting......at least that's what I was while I was taking my painting classes at a trade school LONG time ago.

thank you, I will need to spray down a white gelcoat than since the hull was dinged up all over the place and im filling it today with white marine putty from my fiberglass store. the cat hull i have needs some touch up filling too, and the guy i got it from sprayed gray primer over the whole thing so ill probley end up sanding that down and doing a white gelcoat base for a good starting point.