RCU Forums - View Single Post - rossi engines, take a look
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2009, 05:16 AM
I-Love-Jets

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: rossi engines, take a look

ORIGINAL: MJD

Thanks for the info - those are the props I was asking about. I shall go ahead and run mine on the OPS .15 then! I will use bushings of course.
Yep, these Graupner Speed props (non- CAM version) are well suited also for any 2.5 or 3.5 OPS speed engine.

So what .15 OPS engine do you have? - There are several FISE ( "SLA" ) and FIRE ( "SPA" ) versions, differently timed and with different carb bore diameter.

Please tell us [ul][*] the stock exhaust timing of your OPS [*] the carb bore and the crankshaft bore dia[*] the speed plane airframe
[/ul]
so that it is possible to determine the right prop size and tuned pipe length.

BTW, especially the “small block“ [link=http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1073318]NOVAROSSI / REX 2.5 and 3.5 cc aero engines[/link] are worth every cent. We have to remind that these are very hard to beat power-wise in F3S...

For instance in Germany the 2.5 cc NOVAROSSI REX RFX-15TV will cost you EUR 187 being a bargain compared to a similar powerful converted high-end car engine (twice as expensive) or versus the already mentioned ultra hot F2A set-up (four times as expensive). Planethobby does sell the RFX-15TV for only 199 US$ !