RCU Forums - View Single Post - MOKI RADIAL Care and Maintenence
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2009, 07:29 PM
butlern
My Feedback: (15)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: MOKI RADIAL Care and Maintenence

Great topic Scott.

I just got a 150 a few months ago, and I have not yet fired it, but I have been in contact with a few folks who have lots of experience. A few months ago I started contacting other Moki radial owners so I could gather as much information as possible to properly care for and maintain my motor. Everything you have stated so far is dead-on, but I would also add (based on what I have been told) is that your rocker/pushrod gaps must also not be too great, or the motor will throw a pushrod in flight. It has been suggested to me that they be set at toward the tighter end of the tolerance.

You also suggested that the gland nuts on the exhaust collector ring loosen with time. I have hear that they take a long time to fully seat, and that they should be checked and re-tightened if necessary before each flying session (or after).

What about the ignition? Have you have better luck with 4.8 or 6V? I have a 4200 mAh 4.8V for my motor, as I was worried about zapping the ignition with a fully-charged 6.0V battery. What have you been using and have you experimented?

I have a few more weeks of glassing/panel lines/rivets/paint before I'm ready to fire my 150 on the Avenger I'm building.... but I pretty excited about it, though!

Thanks again for initiating this thread.

Best regards,

Noah