RCU Forums - View Single Post - Kadet Senior rebuild
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2009, 02:41 AM
FlyingIreland

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Kadet Senior rebuild

I got up at 6 this morning and went to retrieve the plane in torrential rain!

I have one of those marquee tents that has a tubular steel pole framework that slots together. I slotted together about 7 or 8 of the poles and poked the plane from different angle until it was dislodged from the tree. I was able to catch it when it fell!

The damage is not quite as bad as I had imagined. The wing took the brunt of the impact. It was sheered off on the right side, about a foot in from the wing tip. The rubber bands holding the wing on didn't move much! The fuselage is intact, except for a hole through the front windshield and the flimsy bottom bit of balsa under the engine and between the balsa cowlings. The tail feathers are intact, except for the horizontal stab on one side that is snapped off. The engine and propellor are fine. The battery and servo had remained in place, velcroed securely in their foam cradles.

So...where do we go from here? If I can get a wing kit from sig, I will build another wing. It may be possible to repair the old one, but I'm not sure if it would be easier to make a new one.