RCU Forums - View Single Post - Thoughts on Competition...
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2009, 09:50 AM
cmh284

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thoughts on Competition...

I am extremely new to all this but thought we could get an interesting discussion going regarding the future of RC Sky Diving Competition in the US and Worldwide.

My only experience has been the Corks Rally this past weekend, and the competition and enjoyment level was spectacular. We were allowed unlimited jumps and the top 5 scores for each jumper counted. I don't think the competition could have been any better, especially with the winds on Saturday!

As this hobby continues to grow - what ideas do you have for future competitions?

One thought that crossed my mind was to have each jumper be limited to a set number of jumps - say 10 jumps - with his top 5 counting. He can have as many practice jumps as he wants, but he must state, before the jumper leaves the ground in a plane, that this is one of his 10 jumps that count... 10 total jumps with the top 5 counting.

There was also talk of other "competitions", such as time aloft. This creates challenges due to it being impossible to know if each jumper is leaving the plane at the same altitude, but I like the idea.

How have competitions been structured in the past?

How are competitions done in other countries?

What other ideas do you have?

Right now for me, I could jump for 5 straight days and likely not hit the bullseye 5 times!