RCU Forums - View Single Post - Toolbox recomendations
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2009, 07:00 PM
Jimmy Skids
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Toolbox recomendations

ORIGINAL: spencer321

Im looking to put together a tool box for when i start to go out and race. What would you recomend be in the toolbox?
Spencer321,

For a race day I bring my normal tool box and I also assemble some extras. So to start let's go over my normal set up......

tool box......... screw drivers, ball drivers, wrenches, hobby knife, etc, plugs, props, and some Medium and Thin CA.
I also bring my parts box........ nuts, bolts, extra horns, YS parts etc.... etc
Both of the above stay in my car normaly since I have a self contained flight box that holds a screw driver, fuel jug, power panel, battery and pump with a glow driver, tach and battery charger..... less to lug in and out of the car if everything goes well (note on race day since we have to move the cars I unpack everything and place it under the work benches).

So that it what I normally bring out with of course the plane(s) and radio. To that for race day I add an additional tool box containing.... a small amount of wood, covering, covering iron, drill, dremel w/tools, epoxy, also I bring a small parts box with replacement spinner, retracts, servos, and a full assortment of engine parts.

Over kill? Maybe, but there have been times where I've still been short something. It's better to be prepared than to be short handed and miss a heat.

If you're at the next race, ask and I can show you my set up. From there you decide just how much you want to lug around on race day.

Jimmy Skids