RCU Forums - View Single Post - Spektrum Receivers, which one???
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2009, 12:57 AM
plankdriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spektrum Receivers, which one???

Today I made my 1st Q40 flight in many years,

I decided to use a trusty 8ch 1024 Futabe receiver.

What happen on the maiden was the wildest flight I ever had. After a perfect take off and a couple of wide laps of an very untrimmed Mustang, I lost signal/control of the racer for 1 second, enough to have the the fail safe kick in, and regained control. 3 seconds later it happened again. I recover and as I am trying to keep control sinced it look like a range issue, I killed the engine and landed uneventfully.

The problem may be related to the way I coiled the anttenna, posibly cutting the range, or there may be any carbon touching the antenna. I have use the coiled antenna for every Q500 and Q40 with no problems efore I quit in 2001.

I will not take another chance with the 1024 Rx, since I not sure if is my lousy antenna setup, or the receiver itself. Funny, but the original owner, Joe Llanos, had problems with his FM receivers on this model.

For my helicopters I am using Futaba radios with Spectrum modules, Long story. But No complains after several hundred flights on the AR7000 in the helicopters. The AR6250 looks nice but know nothng about it.

What is a good full range Spektrum Receiver that will work in the Q40s?????????????????????

Plankdrier