RCU Forums - View Single Post - Weird Radio Problem with my Diamond Dust with Jett 60LX
Old 08-03-2009, 03:06 PM
bob27s
My Feedback: (19)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Weird Radio Problem with my Diamond Dust with Jett 60LX

On a crystal type receiver, the vibration/rpm/frequency can cause the RX to go nuts. Seen it more than once on a QM40 or Q-500 where I didnt have the RX properly packed in foam and isolated from the airframe. (usually because I had not flown the plane in a while, and the RX snuck out of the foam padding, or the foam crushed unti the RX hit the airframe).

It happens just like fuel foaming........ and for the same reasons. Ensure that the RX is padded well with good packing foam and that is not touching the fuel tank or airframe structure.

On a lot of todays ARF installations (and some top end kits too), the instructions have you install a RX with some tape and a few tie wraps. Makes me cringe when ever I see that !!

The switch is another thing to check too. Some cheaper switches will fall apart with higher energy levels going through the airframe - but it is more obvious to see what is wrong there..... everything stops working