RCU Forums - View Single Post - ARF Builders/Dealers -List
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2009, 04:11 AM
Stickbuilder

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: ARF Builders/Dealers -List

LDM,

It's simply because you guys take yourselves too seriously. That's what makes fishing these waters so much fun. You think that the world is against you because you either cannot or will not build, therefore you wear the ARF thing on your shoulder like a chip that's just waiting to be knocked off.

I don't call myself a builder, but many other people happen to think that I am. Your thinly disguised jab makes absolutely no difference. I can, therefore, I do. What's your excuse this time? Is it the lack of time (you and I both have the same 24/7) or is it the lack of ability?

The Dumbing down of America thing is not a result of the ARF movement, but rather the ARF movement is symptomatic of the problem, wherein we (the U.S.) has stopped being a Country that manufactures and/or invents new things, but rather has become a service orientated Nation that has, or is losing it's place in the world of technological inroads.

I'm personally sad to say that this statement does have credibility. Will building model airplanes change that? Probably not, but it is indicative of the problems that our society is experiencing. The I gotta have it right now thing, and the I don't want to have to make it thing, and the it's only money, so I'll buy another one if this one is not any good thing.

It should give you something to ponder, and perhaps even look to see if it's really a problem or is just another indicator that we are losing something along the way.

Have a great day,

Bill, Waco Brother #1