RCU Forums - View Single Post - Nitro Stampede..
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2003, 03:31 PM
jpetrusek

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitro Stampede..

Well I got the truck yesterday, ran about a tank through it (ran out of nitro ) and I must say simply awesome!

I'm picking up some more fuel on the way home but I had some questions, I keep reading about how dual exhaust isn't worth it and can sometimes cause problems, on this particular Stampede there is a dual exhaust setup. Is this a stock option or was this something aftermarket that might have been added? Also included in the package (bought it used, but barely, I think he ran it like through the break-in and never touched it, pristine condition) there is the quick-starter with charger and battery pack. I attch the pack to the truck, press the button and it took quite a few times to get the engine to turn over. I adjusted the needles to the same as on my on-road car (2 1/2 turns out from closed) and primed the tank. After I ran it around a bit I stopped it, put teh body back on and went to try and start it up again. Took me a good 20 pushes of the button to get the engine to turn over. There was about 1/2 tank left and enough in the lines. Any ideas? Great truck and hope to get more use out of it tonight

I'll post up some pics too when I get home