RCU Forums - View Single Post - How to convert an ATX power supply to rc use
Old 08-12-2009, 01:46 PM
zoli818

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How to convert an ATX power supply to rc use

hi i just finished converting a dell psu, 350w...i didnt realy follow any instructions , just looked at a pict of psu test plug and seen what wires it jumped so i ,
jumped those green/blck i only need 12v for my 175w charger.. every other wire i unsoldierd i left 3yellow n 3 blck for my 12v ....the label says 12v+=17amps
how do i check the dc amp? all my meters has only Ac amps not dc..... im getting 12.6v+ so looks good took about 45min....i unsoldiered the 5v leads too i hope i did not need those lol

the volt is 12.06 with no resistor, on the 2x 5v i left , i went to go get just to try it out and found a 10w .75 ohm resistor/10% i trew claps on them and tried it while looking at multi meter the volt jumped from
12.06 to 12.60 and the **** got hot , i grabed it not knowing and damm ...i also tried a 10w 1ohm/10% and the 12v jumped to 13.50 !!!!! ???? i think thats too much maybe ...i dont even need s resistor
to start up the PSU and run my charger off it ....any ideas.... why would i get that much volts with a less resistor then yhou guys use?? weird

how do i check dc amp?