RCU Forums - View Single Post - hey crew
Thread: hey crew
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2009, 08:16 PM
flyinrog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: hey crew

Well to end this,,the viewing was wall to wall for the whole 2 hours,,there was a lot of reunioning going on of past neighbors who also hadnt seen each other for long enough not to recognize each other....my brother sister and myself had many friends show up....the basic theme was that he had a good run and only really suffered that last day, on sunday...which none of us realized that he died 5 years to the day that mom died....the funeral was today and he is in a mausaleum (sp?), and now begins the legal mumbo-jumbo...I think my brother hired my brother in law to handle a lot of it...we found papers, bills, checks, dividends, in almost every room today.....he also bought, a lot of junk, and had many magazine subscriptions...donated money to anything that had a cute animal on it,,,I'm good with that as I am a friend of the zoo and dont have to pay to get in , but I do anyway..world wildlife fund....polar bear assitance fund,,,you name it...he wanted to get a poodle a few years back but was afraid he wouldnt be around for it...Dog Fancy was another mag he got....I will probably end up buying out my brother and sister from the house just to make it easier......Yes,even the reverend told of how dad fixed things around the church,,he was the state champion longbow archery champion of Mass...He was born in 1918 and grew up through the depression and told me many times of having only potatoes for dinner.....at 17 his aunt got him an inteview with Bell Laboratories (western electric ((AT&T)) he worked for them 41 years and retired at 62( he started sweeping floors and ended up supervising hundreds of employees)...he was also a Mason...well, thats probably too much info so I'll stop,,he was a great dad...Rog