RCU Forums - View Single Post - going brushless axe cpv3
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2009, 12:14 AM
Banana Jack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: going brushless axe cpv3

ORIGINAL: gnd2

All you should have to do is get two Y connectors, one to split the throttle channel coming out of the receiver to the 3-in-1 and the brushless ESC, and one to split the battery to the ESC and 3-in-1. You still need the throttle signal going to the 3-in-1 because it is also used to control the tail motor. But the ESC will control your main motor instead of the 3-in-1.
that's true, i didnt think of that. but i didnt know how, and i didnt want to lose power from the 3 in 1 trying to power the main motor that isnt there. now after thinking about it though, i guess it wont. thanks!

ORIGINAL: PilotLight

I tried going to a brushless main motor and still running the stock tail motor, but through a HH gyro. I just used a brushed esc for the tail motor. The higher power of the brushless main motor creates more torque for the tail motor to overcome. It was too small. Throwing in a brushless motor just because you have one doesn't get you too far. There's no real benefit like longer flight times. I would have to recommed converting everything over to brushless and a HH gyro. You'll end up with a more powerful, better flying heli, cooler running heli.
yeah, that's true... thing is, i'm into losi micros as well, and i have a couple brushless motors for that lying around(same size as the tail rotor motor) and i know i'd be able to use one. i'd just need a small brushless tail esc. any ideas? I'd also need a HH gyro, though... and i cant spare much money at all right now.