RCU Forums - View Single Post - Welcome to two new little gas engines: DLE30 and CRRCpro V2
Old 08-20-2009, 06:24 AM
mpascual
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Welcome to two new little gas engines: DLE30 and CRRCpro V2

ORIGINAL: vadim

Hi Pascual!
It seems like you are the only having run this engine so far.
What are your suggestions for breaking in this engine? Should it be done in a few cycles? What RPM?
How it feels after 1-1.5 hour or running? Ready to fly? Has it some abnormal vibrations?

On chrome plated engines with steel ring on the piston, i always mix mineral based oil first few tanks. On the DLE30 i've mixed Repsol mineral oil at 4% (25:1) ratio. The propeller was the smallest suggested by user manual, the 18x8 size, MenzS wood.
Engine start at first flip ever done, and later when fill again the tank , also start at first flip. I've no noticed abnormal vibrations (prop was carefully balanced and drilled). The break-Ã*n was done at 2500 3000 rpm.
The only thing to remark is a slighty spit of fuel on carb intake surface at hi rpm. Maybe a velocity stack can help.

I think engine is ready to fly , but it need to finish the break-in period in the air. Not full trhottle and not a bigger propeller yet. I will change to a 40:1 full shyntetic based oil , Motul 800.

My problem is to have the airframe finished (not yet).

Regards