RCU Forums - View Single Post - transmitter problems with axe cx micro
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2009, 10:04 AM
grape

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: transmitter problems with axe cx micro

Yeah, it seems to me you'd be right about that assumption due to the fact that there is definaterly a transmitter/ and or a receiver problem. Do you think they might trip out since I've had it for close to 6 weeks now without sending it in yet? I will explain to them that I am unemployed and the very little money thsat I have had went to repairing the blades 2 times (upper and lower) plus the main rotor shaft twice! I'll be honest with them and just let them know that I hadn't sent it in for several reasons- 1st being that I had no idea what was the problem in the first place and even though I could have spent the money sending it in instead of keep replacing damaged parts I REALLY wanted to keep trying to fly my heli because like I said before I literally had to save up for like 3 months just to be able to but it. The little flight I did get out of it was so fun (untill it would crash) that I became addicted to it and didn't want to part with it especially not knowing how long it would be gone for if I shipped it to them! hEHE, I'm sure u understand the joy of flying your first REAL r/c helicopter that's actually a 4 channel (unlike an airhogs)..... I am also a severe procrastinator and that's something that has really affected my life believe it or not..... But like I said I am taking your advise and sending it on in and even though it may be gone for a couple weeks (maybe less, and I hope not more!) it'll give me something to really look forward to!

I just have to say that flying those things for me are just a total blast and even though I'm pretty much a beginner I am for some reason totally fascinated with ALL of the aspects of the flight characteristics of a helicopter! Hehe, not to get off subject too much but when I was a kid and born in Va. there was this really cool train museum that had all kinds of old timey trains that you could go inside and well the one thing at that whole exhibit that I think started me being fascinated with helis is the had an actual pedal helicopter on display there! Yeah, it was the craziest thing I had ever seen at that age ( I must have been about 6 or 7).... From what I remember it seemed to be mostly wooden and looked very old (like something The Wright Brothers had made or maybe even older than that!) Well it was strange because it wasn't totally closed off to the public! It was in it's own little port and all that stood between onlookers and the pedal heli was one of those of those line aisles (like the type you see in every movie theater that keeps people from walking past without showing their ticket stub).... ANYWAYS, here's the funny part. My brother and I were menaces at that age and I mean literal menaces. My older brother actually crossed over that line and sat in that antique helicopter and started pedaling the pedal helicopter! I couldn't believe it because the rotor blades started to spin pretty darn fast and no one was looking but me and I was scared that we were gonna get into some serios trouble! Hehe, when my parents had started looking for us so we could leave they saw me looking in to that exhibit and they saw my brother pedaling that thing at full speed (or so it seemed). My dad about had a heart attack and quickly grabbed my brother off of that heli and was soooooo emberassed even though nobody there saw us! Hehe, ever since that day I've really been into helis and I even tried to make plans to build one of my own but I was just a kid and I know that even at this day and age there really hasn't ever been a successful flight with a pedal heli (other than maybe getting it off the ground maybe a foot or two and even then they needed an olympic bicycle rider to pull it off......

I just thought I'd share that with some of you if you liked the story and even though it's not axe micro related it's a cool story..... I do apologize for slightly swaying off the topic just a tad but to me it's still hilarious even 30 years later! That train museum was in my hometown of Roanoke, Va., but I don't know if it's still there or not.

Thanks for your help on my axe micro issues and like I said I'm a shipping it off and going to patiently wait for hopefully some good news Well take care all and have a great day.