RCU Forums - View Single Post - MIA AutoGyro with Teeter and Delta 3 Head
Old 08-23-2009, 01:19 AM
PalmSizeHeliMan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: MIA AutoGyro with Teeter and Delta 3 Head

ORIGINAL: safelandings

Very nice work...have you flown your pusher yet? It looks pretty good, I would be intested to see if you can get the teetering head to work at that size.

I also have been messing with a small pusher design over the last week, not as brave as you!..3 bladed head to start with then I moved on to a 2 bladed unteetering head, it flies supprisingly well.

Regards Rich
Thanks Rich I've seen your models also very nice work yourself indeed.

Yes there is a trick to the teetering heads and that is that they have to have the proper amount of damping, very much like a flybarless rotor head on a helicopter requires it to fly well.

I didn't want to risk my blue pusher model yet with a teetering head because it is a little heavier than I would like it to be, but I did some experiments with a lighter pusher and the results are favorable. I am employing some new head designs and next time I am going to test a full scale teetering miniature head design mixed with my own tricks to see if it works. My understanding of autogyros and experience with flybarless and autostable rotor systems tells me it should work fine. We'll see.

Here is a recent video of a pusher which uses my new rotor 3 bladed heads, blades, CG angles and control system. No autopilots, straight DC control.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYAjecQdk28&feature=channel_page[/youtube]