RCU Forums - View Single Post - AquaCraft Alligator RTR
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2009, 07:48 PM
WCB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: AquaCraft Alligator RTR

Thanks for the link Asmithnc. That stuff sounds like just the trick for servos.

Donahue 85, thanks for the advise on the sealant. Great idea! Also I know what you mean about the loctite. After years of messing with rc planes I learned my lesson about the red stuff. Only use the blue now. I haven't had much luck with loctite in a high heat area, such as mufflers, anyway. The best thing I've found is to tighten the bolts while the muffler is hot.
Another place I have found where water can enter the Rx box is through the end of the rubber boot on the rudder push rod. I thought about using a zip tie on it. Keep an eye on that boot. If it ever dry rots and cracks water will flood in if you flip the boat. Some Armorall Protectant on the boot might help keep it from dry rotting, but since it flexes it will eventually get a hole in it.

Deslok113, That was a funny story Thanks! I used to love to watch the Justin Wilson cajun cooking show on TV. He was a hoot...."I Gaa...rawn..tee." I also love that cajun music with fiddles and accordion and that crawfish etouffe....MMMMMM[8D]