RCU Forums - View Single Post - Does anyone else love Enya engines?
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2009, 01:59 PM
NM2K
My Feedback: (14)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Does anyone else love Enya engines?

ORIGINAL: Riddle4U

Thank you for the advice Ed! I must querry whether it pertains to the SS40BB/RC though? I absolutely destroyed my four-star 40 with my first ownership of this model Enya (previous was a .29 I have had for 30 years). The crash was so bad that the crank landed 60 feet away in a different lot from the splat straight down on pavement (thank the lord I didn't hit anyone..and another guy was actually flying when the severe interference was incurred). I guess I say ''I'' in the last just because it was my model. The liner was semi-intact (and looked to be steel). The piston and crank were seperate from the main splat (I say that because the tank layed an 8 foot circle of liquid residual). I remember sensing the piston was aluminum..but not sure (the parts are collected in a box somewhere). You mentioned a CX model. I just don't know if it is similar or not. This motor sure don't look like an ABC when dissasembled, or aluminum liner (at least the way I ''dissembled'' it).

I guess I should say I am quite used to running my second Enya of the same model (and tuning an identical one for my brother's trainer). I am finding that it still is getting more rpm's each tank (long after break-in and innumerous flights). BTW don't try looking at an Enya's internals by my early method (straight down, full throttle, into pavement). The little William's Bro's pilot had an engine mounting bolt through his chin. Had to hurt.

No, my advice applies only to the AAC equipped engines that were sold by Enya some time back. These days, the CX engines are made with ABC piston/liner combinations, which means that you treat them as ABC engines and not AAC engines. To the best of my recollection, the SS series of engines did not use AAC or ABC technology. I do have a ringed SS .50 that looks very nice. I haven't ran it as yet.

Ed Cregger