RCU Forums - View Single Post - Fokker DR-1 with Saito FG-36, 1/4 Scale Balsa USA
Old 08-31-2009, 07:50 PM
kahloq

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Fokker DR-1 with Saito FG-36, 1/4 Scale Balsa USA

ORIGINAL: Spychalla Aircraft

Sprayed the light blue on the bottom tonight. Lichtblau RLM 76. I don't know what year Germany standardized colors but this at least is a German color even if it is not what they had in 1917. Who knows what the colors really looked like anyway. The paint mix is working beautifully at 2 parts latex paint to 1 part window washer fluid. Great stuff to spray!

I will paint a few colors here over the next 2 weeks, but then I will have to stop for 1 to 2 months because I am getting double knee replacement. That is going to take me out of action for awhile as I focus on rehabilitation. I don't know at this point when I will be able to make it back into the basement. We will see. Leo
I have used the Behr exterior latex paint on several planes including a KMP Me-109 and KMP B-25. I did have them color match some paint to the RLM 76 light blue for the underside of the wing for the 109 and it looked perfect. It also doesnt seem to be bothered much by glow fuel residue. I have also overcoated areas with Lustrakote flat clear and it did not cause any cracking or yellowing of the Behr paint once dried. The Lustrakote flat clear does seem to add a shine though, but you could probably sand it ever so slightly.